You can catch a number 38 or 39 bus to Heath Hospital and get off on City Road. Alternatively catch a 8,11 or 52 towards Cyncoed and Pontprennau and get off on Albany Road. Both services run regularly during the day and evening.
M4, Eastbound – coming from Swansea
- Leave the M4 at Junction 32 and continue straight ahead onto A470 Northern Avenue.
- At the roundabout take the third exit onto Whitchurch Road.
- Continue straight on this road which changes to Crwys Road, bearing right onto City Road (B4261).
- Take the second left onto Keppoch Street.
The Gate is situated on the right-hand side on the corner of Plasnewydd Square.
M4, Westbound – coming from Newport/England
- Leave the M4 at Junction 29, onto the A48M (Eastern Avenue). Bear left onto the A4232 signposted “The Docks” (third exit on the left, past the turnings for Cardiff Gate and Pentwyn). Get into the right hand lane.
- At the large roundabout take the third exit and then take the first exit at the small roundabout onto Llanederyn Road.
- Go up the hill, past the school on your right. At the traffic lights turn left onto Cyncoed Road, continue straight down the hill. Go through the lights half-way down the hill and again straight through at the bottom onto Wellfield Road.Go past Barclays Bank on your left and at the end turn right onto Albany Road (A469). At the next junction turn left onto City Road (B4261).
- Take the second left onto Keppoch Street. The Gate is situated on the right-hand side on the corner of Plasnewydd Square.
Don’t be a problem parker! There is various on street parking available around The Gate, but please note some marked areas are for residents only. Why not share a car with friends, walk, catch the bus or cycle!
Please note that if you require off street parking, this is subject to availability. Please contact us for more information.