Professional Work Placement
As part of our on-going aim to Train and Develop Individuals, The Gate offers a range of opportunities to develop your real-world skills and provide work experience in dynamic environments.
WHY CHOOSE THE GATE FOR YOUR PROFESSIONAL WORK PLACEMENT?
- You will gain and develop skills and expertise
- You will receive relevant, on-the-job training (with the possibility of accreditation via Agored Cymru)
- You can get the experience employers are looking for without being required to have it before you start!
- You will grow through constructive feedback from seasoned professionals
- You will gain an excellent, impartial reference source. We will complete a full page letter of reference which you can use and attach to as many portfolios, applications and CVs as you wish!
WHAT WOULD A PROGRAMME LOOK LIKE?
- A Professional Development Programme requires an initial commitment of 6-8 months for a minimum of 16 hours a week.
- You could specialise in fields as diverse as Marketing; Sales; Administration; Technical PA & Lighting; Gallery Management; Community Development; Graphic Design; Software Development and more.
- Each programme is flexibly tailored around your individual skills, talents and area of interest. As this is an unpaid opportunity, it is commonly designed around part-time work elsewhere.
- Some more regular placements have wider job descriptions available – please email firstname.lastname@example.org or look at the website for this information.
WHO IS IT FOR? YOU! IF…
- …you have an understanding of the field you want to gain experience in, like a degree or significant personal experience.
- …the idea of real-world, practical experience appeals to you
- …you are willing to genuinely invest yourself – while a minimum of 16 hours a week applies, this opportunity is for those who are willing to work hard and use their initiative to get the job done well.
- …your character and attitude are consistent with our core values of Grace, Integrity, Creativity, Quality, Humour, Valuing every Individual and Servant Heartedness.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Email email@example.com with Professional Work Placement APPLICATION in the subject line. State what you would ideally like to do, the areas you’d like to be involved in, what makes you a suitable candidate and attach your CV and any references