As part of our on-going aim to train and develop individuals, The Gate offers a range of opportunities to develop your real-world skills by providing work experience placements in a dynamic environment.
The Gate hosts a variety of different events from Classes and Community Café Bar Evenings to Theatre, Gigs, Classical Performances, Parties and Weddings. Given this range, we’ve got a vast amount of knowledge and experience in how to administrate and coordinate each of these different areas, so we’d love to share this with you in order to aid your development and further your career in a similar field.
We’re looking for individuals who are passionate about the Arts, who want to invest their time in gaining further experience and who share in our Vision and Values.
Why choose The Gate for your Professional Work Placement?
- You will gain and develop skills and expertise.
- You will receive relevant, on-the-job training (with the possibility of accreditation via Agored Cymru).
- You will gain the experience employers are looking for, without being required to have it before you start!
- You will grow through constructive feedback from seasoned professionals.
- You will gain an excellent, impartial reference source. We will complete a full page letter of reference which you can use and attach to as many portfolios, applications and CVs as you wish!
What could a Placement look like?
- A Professional Work Placement requires an initial commitment of 6-8 months for a minimum of 16 hours a week.
- You could specialise in fields such as Events Administration; Theatre in Education; Marketing; Sales; Technical PA & Lighting; Gallery Management; Community Development; Graphic Design; Software Development; and more!
- You would also receive training in our Box Office System in order to give you opportunities to interact with our clients in person, over the phone and via email.
- Each placement will be flexibly tailored around your individual skills, talents and area(s) of interest. As this is an unpaid opportunity, it is designed to be flexible enough to fit around studying or part-time work elsewhere.
- As part of our team, you will join us in providing our new and existing visitors with a warm welcome and fantastic experience during their time spent at The Gate.
Who is it for?
- …the idea of real-world, practical experience appeals to you.
- …you have an existing understanding of the field you want to gain experience in, such as an NVQ, Degree or significant personal experience.
- …you are willing to genuinely invest yourself – while a minimum of 16 hours a week applies, this opportunity is for those who are willing to work hard and use their initiative to get the job done well.
- …your character and attitude are consistent with our Vision and Values of Grace, Integrity, Creativity, Quality, Humour, Valuing every Individual and Servant Heartedness.
How do I apply?
If you feel you’ve got the qualities needed and would gain something from this opportunity, we’d be delighted to hear from you. For further information or to apply, please contact our Centre & Operations Manager; Lynsey Gunning; email@example.com
Please include a CV and Cover Letter, using the subject line “Professional Work Placement Application”. Within your Cover Letter, please outline what you would ideally like to do, the area(s) you’d like to be involved in and what makes you a suitable candidate.