What is Pilates?
Pilates is beneficial for general fitness, specific health conditions and overall well-being and can be enjoyed by almost everyone, regardless of age and fitness level.
Classes will focus on specific areas of Pilates, whilst using exercises that integrate, re-educate and restore the whole body.
‘Pilates develops the body uniformly, corrects wrong postures, restores physical vitality, invigorates the mind and elevates the spirit’ Joseph Pilates
Tutor Sandra Harnisch-Lacey is a certified Pilates Foundation Teacher with an extensive training in Movement and Dance. A graduate of the Laban Centre, she performed, choreographed and taught nationally and internationally for more than 13 years.
She completed her training at The Scott Studio under the tuition of Suzanne Scott and Sally Roberts. She is also Artistic Director and choreographer of the award winning Harnisch-Lacey Dance Theatre and served as Artistic Director for Dance at The Gate until 2007.
Monday 12:30-13:30 – A general fitness Pilates class for people of all ages with previous Pilates experience.
Please note: For the second half of the Autumn 2013 and the first half of the Spring 2014 term both the 11:30 and 12:30 Monday lunchtime classes will merge to just one 12:30 class.
Tuesdays 7:15 – 8.15pm – Beginners. Please note this class will not run for the second half of Autumn 2013 term or the first half of Spring 2014.
Wednesdays 5.30pm -6.30pm – A general fitness class – beginners welcome!
Wednesdays 6.30pm -7.30pm – A general fitness Pilates class, fast moving for the more experienced.
All classes: 12 week term £72/£66 concessions (save £18) or per class £7.50/£7 concessions .
Tutor: Sandra Harnisch-Lacey
Sandra is a certified PILATES FOUNDATION tutor
Benefits of Pilates Pilates is beneficial for general fitness, specific health conditions and overall well-being
• Improves your posture
• Improves mobility and flexibility of the spine
• Delivers muscle tone and flexibility
• Promotes a more efficient and supportive core
• Increases stability for the pelvis and shoulders
• Fosters the health of joints through improved mobility and support from the surrounding musculature
• Complements training for athletes
• Facilitates injury prevention and physical rehabilitation
• Builds better balance and coordination, particularly for the elderly
• Offers a safe and excellent form of exercise for ante and post-natal women
• Alleviates aches and pains
• Helps maintain and can improve bone density
• Develops the function and efficiency of the lungs with improvement in circulation
• Offers a safe and beneficial form of exercise for a wide range of medical conditions, including Scoliosis, Osteoporosis, Arthritis, and Multiple Sclerosis
• Makes you look and feel better
• Relieves Stress and tension and promotes a feeling of well-being
• Expands body awareness
• Integrates mind, body and spirit
• Improves quality of life
“Pilates develops the body uniformly, corrects wrong postures, restores physical vitality, invigorates the mind and elevates the spirit.” Joseph Pilates
Sandra is also available for private Pilates lessons!
For more information about booking private lessons with Sandra Harnisch-Lacey, please contact Sandra on 07971 253586 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org